Looking to download closed captions from the recorded videos in Loom? Loom has this amazing feature that automatically captions what you say, however, when you download the video locally, it won't come with the caption. Watch this quick video to extract the caption from Loom.
Loom has a feature that can help you produce caption on the recorded videos. However, when you download the video directly from Loom, the video won't have the subtitle. So if you need to upload the video file elsewhere with a subtitle, you have to figure out a way to have the caption SRT file. In my situation, I was trying to upload a video with caption on Thinkific, but couldn't find a quick fix in google.
I could write the captions manually but I find a quicker way to extract the caption from Loom videos.
Follow the easy steps in the video to extract the closed captions text from the source codes.
Summary of the tutorial:
1. Go to the video where you want to extract the closed captions.
2. Play the video to activate the closed captions in the code.
3. Inspect the page.
4. In the code lines, find: 'track id="Active-captions_track"'
5. Find the captions link.
6. Copy-paste the link on a new browser.
7. Copy the closed captions texts.
8. Use the SRT convertor tool to convert the text to an SRT file.